[ic] capturing additional field when creating a new account

Jason Crickmer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Apr 20 16:06:01 2003

I have been working with Interchange for a couple months now, and I
have been able to get around most newbie difficulties by reading
documentation and e-mail threads.  But, I am stumped on my current
problem...

I have added a new field to user_db called "ad_source".  I am pretty
sure that it works at the database level, as I can modify user
accounts in the Admin tool without any hassle.  But, I cannot get the
value from the user-facing form into the database!

Working from the foundation database, I have something that looks
pretty much like this:

    [set NewAccount]
      [if type=explicit compare="[userdb new_account]"]
        mv_nextpage=account
        [userdb function=save
            username="[value mv_username]"
         ]
        [else]
          mv_nextpage=login
        [/else]
      [/if]
    [/set]

    <form action="[process-target]" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id" value="[data session
      id]">
      <input type="hidden" name="mv_click" value="NewAccount">
      <input type="hidden" name="mv_doit" value="return">
      <input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="ord/basket">

        Username<br>
        <input type="text" size="45" name="mv_username" value="">

        Password<br>
        <input type="password" size="45" name="mv_password" value="">

        Confirm Password<br>
        <input type="password" size="45" name="mv_verify" value="">

        How did you hear about our store?<br>
        <select name="ad_source">
          <option>friend</option>
          <option>event</option>
          <option>AOL search</option>
          <option>Google search</option>
          <option>Yahoo! search</option>
          <option>other search engine</option>
          <option>TV or radio</option>
          <option>other</option>
        </select>

        <input type="submit" value="Create Account">
    </form>

No changes have been made to catalog.cfg in relation to this change.

I have tried all sorts of different combinations of userdb save and
new_account, but I have not met with any success.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason