[ic] Custom Payment Gateway (Australia - Dialect)

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Apr 27 13:45:01 2003

At 01:32 AM 4/28/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Thanks for the help, I was beginning to think I would never find any
>help! :)
>
>I'm assuming you put this GlobalSub stuff in interchange.cfg?
>
>It's just you said put the 'module' in the 'directory'
>interchange/globalsub... But I don't have any directories called
>'globalsub' in my (default) install (using 4.8.7).
>
>Because there is more than one way of doing the same thing, which is the
>'better' way of doing it? GlobalSub vs. Custom payment vs. Usertag?

<interchange-users guidelines>

-- Contextual quoting is preferred, i.e.

                Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.com>):
                > Some limited text that will give context.

                Your reply.

    versus

                Your reply, lazily put at the top.

                Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.com>):
                > The whole big blob of the previous posts, including
                > signatures and all

        Many of the list readers stop following a thread the moment
        this lazy quoting method is used.  They figure that if you
        can't take half a minute of your time to save multiple
        minutes of the readers' time, you don't deserve replies.

</interchange-users guidelines>

If you upgrade to the latest version of IC (CVS), it will tell you what errors are in your .pm module at startup time.  You can do the 'globalsub' method if that is easier for you, but the Payment/Module.pm method is recommended.

If you think you will be doing a lot of development, you might try developing the module outside of Interchange, but you'll have to build the same environment and pass it the payment variables by hand.

HTH,
--
Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies, <db@kavod.com> 360.843.4074x217
6700 NE 162nd Ave, Ste 611-210, Vancouver, WA.      Random quote: