[ic] Shipping to different zip code

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 30 16:27:00 2003

> Ok, show me one major ecommerce site that works the way Interchange does.
> Buy.com, Amazon.com, etc.  There's a reason for this.  With the
Interchange
> system, if I put in my friends name for the Ship To address, then next
time
> I login, the system will say "Welcome to Buy.com Fred Cougar" instead of
> "Welcome to Buy.com Russell Mann."  This is a bit unprofessional, and
> confuses people.

OK, wait just one minute Russell, I think we all know that you don't have a
friend named "Fred Cougar"...

At any rate, the greeting, that can be fixed with a simple [either] [or]
set.

However, I do agree. Most major sites, ask for billing, and shipping if
different. I swapped shipping and billing a long ago, and it bit me in the
butt, as upgrading UI is always a pain. I will be switching it back soon, to
default.

Maybe if we can come up with a solution, that would allow for either way (or
a choice), maybe we can pitch in money to have someone to do it. I don't
suspect it is an easy solution, or fix though, to be complete (in ADMIN
too).

Paul