[ic] Bundling and quantity discounts with matrix options

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Mon Dec 8 09:23:09 EST 2003

Hi all,

One of my customers wants to do 3 for the price of 2 type offers on some
of their products. No problem I say, we can use quantity discounting:
set the base price to £10/item, set q3 to £6.666/item, and hey presto 2
widgets cost £20 and 3 widgets cost £20 as well!

The problem is, it doesn't work when you take matrix options into
account: 3 red widgets cost £20, but 1 red widget and 2 green widgets
cost £30 (different skus).

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm thinking that some kind of product
bundling mechanism is required (which is also on my customer's wish
list), but I'm not sure how to tackle it at the moment.

Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254