[ic] Manually setting $Config->{ProductFiles}

John Allman allmanj at houseofireland.com
Tue Dec 16 12:37:05 EST 2003

Hi - i was hoping to do something very similar to that described in
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2000-October/001364.html
but unfortunately it appears that the issue got sidetracked in
subsequent posts.

I want to normally have only one table, products. But if a certain
condition is met i want interchange to also start reading from another
table.

I have a piece of perl code which, if the condition is met, overrides
$Config->{ProductFiles}

i manually set @{$Config->{ProductFiles}} = ("products","newproducts");

i can then confirm that $Config->{ProductFiles}[0] is products and
$Config->{ProductFiles}[1] is newproducts. Before that
$Config->{ProductFiles}[1] is unset and $Config->{ProductFiles}[0] is
products.

In order to get this down to as simple a situation as possible i put a
perl block with @{$Config->{ProductFiles}} = ("products","newproducts");
at the start of flypage.html (no condition checking, it just overrides
it regardless) and then tried to directly access the product page of  a
product which only exists in newproducts. This didn't work.

What am i missing? Is it possible to override ProductFiles like this?
What else should i be doing?

thanks

John Allman