[ic] Item options in 4.8.6?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 14:58:00 2003

> I've set item options using the UI in IC 4.8.6 for some products that come
> in different colors. If I order one of the product options and go to
> checkout, there's nothing there. There was a (short) thread about
> this a few
> weeks ago, but it didn't have an answer. Interestingly the current 4.9.x
> demo at icdevgroup has a working matrix option. I've looked over
> the code in
> the flypage.html and checkout.html to see if there's something in
> 4.9 that I
> don't have in 4.8 but haven't found anything.
>
> Any ideas what I need to do to make the selected/purchased item
> option make
> it to the checkout page? Upgrade to 4.9.x?

You need to tell Interchange that you are using an item modifier. That way
this information on the product is also held in the cart when the product is
ordered.

See: http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig05%2e98 for
info on the UseModifier directive.

You then need to handle the item-modifier in the cart so it isn't lost
during a refres of the cart. That has been covered in the list. In fact, it
is also covered by a note on the above page.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net