[ic] Export For Restore/Import

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 23 12:06:01 2003

>     Suggestions and possibly code for performing an export of all
> IC tables such that they can be easily imported back into IC.
> Prefer something in Perl so I can add a cron entry.
> Apologies if it is in the archives. I haven't had luck finding.
> I'm using IC 4.9.3
>
> Jon

What db? Preferred methods for Mysql do not include exporting in Admin.

Thread starts here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-December/029806.h
tml
But the post after that one has an example. It is geared for Mysql. I
believe gdbm can just be copied as is in the products dir, but I may be
wrong.

If this is for backing up, you may want to hire a consultant to write you
script and tailor your backup needs to how/where you work. I can't stress
how important usable backups are, at least for me, as I tend to do stupid
things.

Paul