[ic] Adding new Product Groups and Categories, and new Menu items

ICTech interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 21 10:42:00 2003

Thank you all for your dedication to this wonderful software, and making it
possible for us all to afford an online presence.

I have two questions:

(1)  I am building my store from the foundation store.  I added new Product
Groups and Categories which I would like to show on the blue navigation bar,
but only the pre-defined groups and categories are showing.  I then added
new items and placed them in new categories as indicated on the new items
page.  The changes were successful on the products table, but not shown on
the blue products lists section (On the left side of page)

I have not deleted the old categories/products, but added new ones.
Eventually I will delete some of the categories and the initial product
items in the catalogue.

(2) While building on the Foundation Store, can I add additional menus to
the Menu items,  - Currently, --Home, Login, Checkout, etc.  (the new menu
items would point to other pages which I will write in html and upload to
the site)

 Please let me know the best way to accomplish this.  I am a programmer but
I have not used Perl before.  I am good with html and understand general
programming logic, and relational databases like Oracle.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tina.