[ic] Using IC to accept payment for ebay auctions

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 28 13:05:01 2003

 J P wrote:

> What I am envisioning is to create a page that first
> simply has input fields for auction number,
> description, ebay id, winning bid amount and shipping
> amount.  Then when they click on submit it takes them
> to the secure checkout, but maybe a different version
> of the regular checkout page.  It would have all the
> regular info there but will also calculate their total
> (bid, plus shipping and sales tax calc if necessary on
> bid amount).  Then it would simply process as if any
> other transaction was, although it would probably need
> new email forms to be sent to the store admin and
> customer that were tailored more to an ebay purchase
> than a store purchase.
>
> If anyone has done anything like that and is willing
> to share some code, that would be greatly apprecaited.

I did something like this some time ago.  Of course,
how involved it will be will depend on whether or
not the auction info will already be in your databases
or if you want the customer to enter everything.

If the customer is just going to input everything, as
I did, you can simply use the OnFly feature of IC
to dynamically create the "item" for that particular
auction at whatever price it went for.  Then you are
just working with a normal cart and checkout as
usual.

Thanks
--
Aaron