[ic] How to create a menu

Sun May 11 12:48:01 2003

Quoting Interchange User (interchange@framework.cx):
> Greetings!
>
> I have used the menu editor in a recent CVS build to create a new menu,
> but I'm not sure how to go about inserting it into a
> non-foundation-derived catalog (I'm building one from scratch).  I
> assume that I'm missing some tag to reference it.  I made a menu called
> "main", and added the pages that I want to it, but I'm not sure what my
> next step would be.  Any suggestions appreciated.

The tree approach is shown in templates/component/product_tree,
and flyout in templates/component/product_flyout.

Or use one of the examples in the admin -- this page has one
using a simple menu:

	lib/UI/pages/admin/genfunction.html

Or you can try downloading a modified demo I put together:

	http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/demos/mike-0.01.tar.gz

(Be sure to check the README file if you want to install it.)

The file variables/COMMON_MENU contains the flydown menu used in
the top bar, and the pages/member/service.html file shows another
use.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney