[ic] more runtime errors

Joshua Rusch cultofjosh at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:23:04 EST 2003

Hello again,

We downgraded Perl on our boxes and all the file locking errors went away.
We did try to launch, and started getting some new errors under load. We've
taken the site back down temporarily.

I'm not sure if the current runtime errors we're getting have anything to do
with NFS or not.

We had about 1000 concurrent users across 3 new dual xeons with a gig of ram
each (plus one mysql server)
Anyway, we started getting these 2 different errors. (I removed the full
path of our tmp dirs from these errors)

Runtime error: Bad counter magic '' in .....tmp/addr_ctr/2/1/216_234_235_67
at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Session.pm line 208

fnet /fnet/index.html Runtime error: Can't open
......tmp/addr_ctr/6/7/67_165_79_227: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Session.pm line 209

I've heard about CounterFile.pm not being NFS safe, but I looked at the file
and it looks like it has been patched.

System: Redhat 9, ic 4.9.8, perl 5.6.1, the catalog dir is on an NFS mount.

We were also getting PGP hard failure errors seemingly at random. I'd write
more about this one, but I don't have the details yet.

Other than the errors, the system seemed to be responding fairly well to the
load.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh