[ic] Re: ICDEVCON interest, on: interchange-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

John Young john_young at sonic.net
Wed Nov 12 11:37:51 EST 2003

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
>> A good companion conference might by YAPC North America, this year
>> scheduled for scenic Buffalo, NY. I had already planned on going this
>> year...the benefit for YAPC is the low cost ($85) and probable
>> availability of additional conference space (summer schedule) at the
>> University at Buffalo.
>>
> What is YAPC?
> Barry

Yet Another Perl Conference.

Mike is right about conferences taking work.  I was once part of a
group that organized a computer-aided design conference.  It took us
a year to plan.  Much more work than one might assume to do it well.

The idea of perhaps less formal get-togethers at larger events such
as COMDEX, YAPC, LISA, or perhaps Defcon ;-) is a good one.

John Young