[ic] RE: How do I answer / reply to posts?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Nov 12 17:06:48 EST 2003

Quoting Tim Good (draco at edsd.com):
> >> The title pretty much explains my question.
> >> How do I answer questions or reply to posts?
> >>
> >> I have tried a few times and noticed that my replies
> don't
> >> attach to tree. I am putting original subject in subject.
> >> What am I missing?
> >>
> >> Tim
>
> >You have to be subscribed to the mailing list to reply
> properly like you
> >describe.  Are you just watching the archive?
> >
> >- Grant
>
> Yes I am subscribed. And no I am not just watching.
> I have been posting since June. Just wanted to start
> contributing to the cause.

The answer is that your mail client has to properly use
the References: and In-Reply-To: heades to get threading working.

Usually this just means hitting "Reply" and never "Create New Message"
when responding to a thread.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous