[ic] 4.9.9 install

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Fri Nov 21 19:08:43 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:07:52 -0500, Tony Nichols wrote:

>I tried that very thing ..... It fixed the foundation rpm install, but
>couldn't run makecat, or start interchange. 4.8.9 is still working though

The best solution is to install from the tarball - this will ask for the perl
location if it can't find it, and set things correctly (not that I'm biased
against the Redhat Package Mangler ..). If you don't want to do that,
then you probably need to symlink /usr/lib/perl5 to /usr/local/lib/perl5
as well - not tested though. Are you sure that you changed those lines
in bin/makecat?

>>Try to run bin/makecat
>>
>>and I get the error :
>>
>>"bash: bin/makecat: /usr/local/bin/perl: bad Interpreter: No such file
>>or directory"
>
>You don't have a perl executable as /usr/local/bin/perl, which means that it
>would be as /usr/bin/perl. You need to either symlink the two: ('ln -s
>/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl') or change the line #!/usr/local/bin/perl
>to #!/usr/bin/perl (and the line which starts 'eval 'exec ..'' to match) in
>all files in your <ic_root>/bin directory. Particularly bin/interchange.
>
>>Any ideas on where i should start?  I have "holes" in my Linus
>>knowledge, so is it a Linux problem or a Interchange problem?
>>
>>Thanks for any help
>>Tom

-
Cheers