[ic] trouble setting comp_dir option in [component] tag

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Fri Nov 28 23:15:13 EST 2003

I'm trying to figure out how to set the comp_dir for one component on a page so that that component will be included from a different directory. I tried the following setup, but it does not work:

[control reset=1]
	[component comp_dir=templates/mytemplate/components]category_horizontal[/component]
	[page_class]user_admin [/page_class]
[control reset=1]

But if I set the next piece of code on the top of my page, then that directory is set, but page-wide:

(the code that sets the comp_dir looks like this in in icdir/code/UserTag/component.tag
my $dir = $opt->{comp_dir}
            || $::Variable->{MV_COMPONENT_DIR}
            || 'templates/components';

Any hint would be really much appreciated!