[ic] Return Authorization

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Apr 1 11:23:58 EST 2004

Joe D. Trent [jtrent at bighambrothers.com] wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using 4.8.6, Foundation. I don't see anywhere how to issue a
> return authorization. I have an cancellation on an order where the
> credit card has already been processed. I've looked through the
> documentation, but don't see anything on an RMA. How do I authorize
> the customer to get a refund/credit on his card?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe D. Trent

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe any of the payment modules
support this (from within IC). I only say this because I have never noticed any
functions (Although I have not looked at the modules for about a year), but
more importantly, I have never seen any post in the last couple years regarding
it. Myself, I log into authorizeNet, and they have a facility to do this.  Who
is your processor? Also, usually to issue a refund, you need your processors
transaction ID, not IC's.

Paul