[ic] problems with mixed case usernames

Eros Shop info at eros-shop.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 16:15:09 EDT 2004

Hi All,

It seems that a lot of my users/customers are forgetful when it comes to
their login details and despite the provision of a means to retrieve their
logon details by email they tend to opt for creating a new account.

After a bit of investigation, it appears that this all boils down to the
case of the letters in the username. IC appears to see "Mark" and "mark" as
different when it comes to username/account creation and I wondered if it
was possible to make the process case insensitive or forced lowercase?

Many thanks

Mark

Eros Shop
vwe internet ltd