[ic] Trying to get Interchange::Link to work with 5.2 ... possible back end bug?

Kip Lawrence kip at jkcrafts.com
Wed Aug 11 19:51:07 EDT 2004

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Kip Lawrence (kip at jkcrafts.com):
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm trying to get Interchange::Link to work with my 5.2 interchange.
>>Everything works perfectly if I use the cgi-bin method to access my
>>store and backend but I can't seem to get Link to work. All I get is a
>>completely blank page.
>>
>>Specs:
>>Perl v5.8.4
>>Apache/2.0.50 (Gentoo/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_11 Perl/v5.8.4 mod_ssl/2.0.50
>>OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.8 configured
>>
>>I have uncommented all of the warns in Link.pm and have attached at the
>>bottom of this email what results I get when I try to go to /shop using
>>Mozilla.
>>
>>Does any have any ideas for me?
>>

>I think you just need to have /shop on the end of the Catalog line in
>interchange.cfg. Or, you can put a "InterchangeScript /cgi-bin/YOURCGILINK"
>in the Location.

Thanks Mike! That did the trick! My store is now working perfectly.

One problem I've just run in to is that now the I'm using
Interchange::Link the back end does not seem to be working very well. To
get the store to use /shop instead of /cgi-bin/shop I edited the
variables.txt file and changed the CGI_URL to /shop. It looks like the
backend also uses this variable. Now to get to the backend I go to
/shop/admin/ ... I'm able to log in just fine but when in the design tab
things are weird. I tried to edit index.hmtl and I can't publish or make
any changes. I keep getting thrown back to the admin login page. Has
anyone seen this? Is this a bug?

Thanks for all your help!
Kip