[ic] Munge-Quantity: Keep or Toss?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Thu Feb 26 16:49:05 EST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Instead of [process-target], try using [area nothing].
>
> The 5.0.0 Foundation demo's results_buylist component has a line that
> looks like this:
>
>   [seti results_return_to][history-scan exclude="nothing" count="0"][/seti]
>
> Make sure you have that line in your page code.
>
> Also change your "mv_todo" to "mv_action" and include this line in
> your <form>:
>
>   <input type="hidden" name="mv_click" value="munge_quantity">
>
> When you submit the form, the "munge_quantity" callback code will
> be executed.  The code will set up the appropriate CGI variables to
> order the chosen products and will then bounce the user to the
> [scratch results_return_to] URI.
>
> I suggest that you copy the "munge_quantity" code from the 5.0.0
> Foundation demo and don't forget the [seti results_return_to]...[/seti]
> line.

Thanks, Kevin. But does this mean that the munge_quantity code has been
fixed and approved? It was at one time causing too many problems and
Mike said it was put in against his "advice and will" and that it would
be removed from future versions (this was back in 2001).

 From your reply to my question, it now seems that IC 5 depends upon
munge_quantity in order to add select items from a single page listing.
Before I go an toss the munge_quantity stuff back into my page, I'd like
to make sure that it won't be causing any problems.

Thanks,
Tom