[ic] Start Interchange 5.0.0-1.9 in RH9

Paulo Moniz(Inteliware.net) paulo.moniz at inteliware.net
Tue Jan 13 13:27:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Paulo Moniz(Inteliware.net) wrote:

> 1. I installed RH9 in a P4 3GHz HT.

You forgot to mention you're using a nonstandard kernel -- and what
nonstandard stuff?

I'm using a dedicated server which i'm paying to a hosting company.
Plesk 6.0 is installed and running ok. Apache as well.

> 2. As root installed a non-threded perl version in /usr/local (see
> -V below)
> Op/fork failed but still I installed perl

Might as well stop there -- if any of the Perl tests fail (espcially
op/fork, if that is what I think it is!), you need to find out why and
it before moving on.

Could be because this machine has a new HT processor (parallel
processing) ?

> My apache root is /home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs

This is also nonstandard. You shouldn't be using the RPMs if your
operating system is not standard Red Hat Linux 9 with the normal Apache

I'd recommend you either start with a normal RHL 9 or else just build
Interchange from the source tarball.