[ic] Searching Multiple DBs

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Jan 15 12:09:34 EST 2004

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Hello,
> Can not find a way to search multiple MySQL databases.  cgi value
> mv_searchtype can be set to "db" to turn on mysql searching, but
> there seems to be no corresponding cgi value to determine what
> database/table to search. mv_searchfile only considers the files in
> products/ which is not what I am looking for.
> Does anyone know an easy way to do this without writing it all in
> perl code?
> Andrew

Did you mean "multiple databases" at once, or seperately? At any rate, I take it you have set up one mysql db, so set the other one up the same. IOW define another SQLDSN SQLPASS SQLUSER (but use say SQLDSN_2 SQLPASS_2 SQLUSER_2) etc in variale (or any other place you want to define this). Then define the table using THOSE vars, like in dbconf/mysql/foo.mysql.

to search it, just call the table.

--->    table=my_table_in_other_db      <----------------
            SELECT  sku, description
            FROM    products
            WHERE   somecol BETWEEN '[cgi from]' AND '[cgi to]'
            AND     someothercol = '[cgi whatever]'
            ORDER BY sku