[ic] individual products in makes menustructure/tree slow

Eric Bont eric_bont at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 03:56:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a catalog with 900 items. When I build a menu with the UI
(prod_group/category or comb_category) the menu is very, very slow (about 3
minutes).

I checked the tree table. The table is about 1000 records long. This is what
makes it so slow. I saw that the last menulevel consists of individual
products. For the menustructure of my catalog it is not neccesary to have
individual products in my menustructure.

Is it maybe possible to make a choice when you generate a menu, like:
"Generate Leafs? : radio Yes/No (or select box Yes)"

Thanks,

Eric