[ic] inactive items - flypage still works for them.

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 03:12:23 EDT 2004

In products.mysql I have the line:

Database  products  HIDE_FIELD   inactive

This works fine, in that all inactive products are excluded from any
searches.  However, if I manually type in the flypage URL for an inactive
product then it *does* appear.

I suppose I could manually test for the inactive flag on the flypage and
bounce the user to the "missing" page, or alternatively, display an "Out of
stock" message.  But I was wondering if there was an easier way - shouldn't
"HIDE_FIELD inactive" prevent the product from being viewable anywhere?  I
would like to make it physically impossible for a customer to view or
purchase a product that has been made inactive.

I'd be grateful for any suggested solutions.

Thanks