[ic] Auto-increment code fields?

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Thu Jun 17 16:20:21 EDT 2004

Greetings!

Is there a way to make the "code" (or whatever is being used as a unique
identifier) in a table automatically have values inserted?  Whenever I click
"New Entry" in the admin UI, I get the next in line number (so if I have 30
items in the table, I get 31).  After I click OK to enter the new item, the
new entry form is presented again, but this time there is nothing in the
code field, and the user has to remember what is the next number in line and
enter it in.  Is there a workaround/fix for this?

Thank you,

Peter