[ic] Add products to cart for users

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Mar 31 13:23:36 EST 2004

Michael Hess [mhess at greenhillsschool.org] wrote:
> Hi, I have just uploaded about 300 users to interchange, I have also put
> in about 1000 items.
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to create a cart for my users, so that
> when they log in, all items are already in their cart.

You could create a "saved cart", for each of your users, containing
your 1,000 recommended items.  The logged-in users could then load the
saved cart if they choose to do so.

I would find it slightly tedious to have to remove £10,000 worth of
pre-selected items from my cart, every time I visited a shop, so it
would probably be best to provide an optionally-loadable "recommended
items" cart, in my opinion.  This all depends upon your application
and what you sell, of course.

On the other hand, why do this at all?  Why not just mark certain
items as recommended/featured and create a page to show the list.
If you really must add all of the items to the cart at once then you
could create a bundle (one item that contains several others) and give
your users the opportunity to add that to their cart.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz