[ic] perl option to path

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Thu Nov 18 11:35:59 EST 2004

Paul Arnold wrote:
> Hello,
> I was reading a earlier email concerning the path for perl. When I try
> to install interchange on a Fedora Core 3 it says it could find perl at
> /usr/local/bin/perl
>
> Anyways, I have a new fresh install on FC3. And I was reading the email,
> and you guys had talked about using ./Configure --prefix=/my path to
> install perl
> before I install Interchange.
> I am not sure what prefix to use to install it.
> When it says my path, do I put in /usr/local/bin/perl  ?
> or /usr/local/bin?

If you are using the stock perl source then the default prefix is
/usr/local, so you shouldn't need to use the --prefix option.

The Redhat RPMs require perl to be installed in /usr/local/bin/ so once
you have perl setup it should work fine (has done for me on FC1 anyway).

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254