[ic] inactive field in 5.2

saa at concision.com saa at concision.com
Wed Oct 20 16:48:12 EDT 2004

We're trying to upgrade from 4.8 to 5.2. At the same time we're moving
from GDBM to postgres for "products" storage. It all seems to
work. But when generating flypages and search results Interchange
selects from product table based solely on the "inactive"
field. Specifically we see Interchange making this query to our
postgresql server:

    select * from products where inactive != 1;

Since our products table contains over 100,000 active items this is
a problem. Did we make a configuration error that's causing this
problem? Maybe somewhere this result should be cached so that it only
happens once? An illumination would be appreciated.