[ic] User tracking and stats

David Walker david at cosmicfires.com
Thu Oct 21 15:11:37 EDT 2004

I'm using a program called pglogd (http://www.digitalstratum.com/pglogd/) to
log to a PostgreSQL database. Pglogd is a daemon that listens on a FIFO.
Apache writes to the FIFO instead of the log files, this should improve
Apache's performance as the standard log files must be locked while they are
being written causing other apache processes to block. I have not tested this.

I'm working on analysis tools now. I want to graph how visitors move through
my sites. That's much more useful information than how many visitors the site
had yesterday.

David