[ic] question about custom pricing

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Sep 16 12:42:09 EDT 2004

At 06:28 PM 9/15/2004, you wrote:

>--- "Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.)"
><ic_users at newmediaems.com> wrote:
>
> > At 10:31 AM 9/14/2004, you wrote:
> >
> > >Sorry for the confusion. Here is my original post:
> > >
> > >I am setting up a catalog with 4 different pricing
> > >levels (these values are defined in the
> > product/item
> > >table).
> > >
> > >I can display the price just fine on the results
> > list
> > >and the item page based on the affiliate's pricing
> > >level value, but when any item is added to the
> > cart,
> > >it picks up the default 'item-price' value and not
> > the
> > >affiliate based-price.
> > >
> > >I'm sure this is to protect a malicious user from
> > >being able to order items at a discount.
> > >
> > >My question is:
> > >Is there a single place where I can put in the
> > price
> > >level checking logic and have an item added to the
> > >cart w/ the correct price? If not, where do I need
> > >make these changes?
> > >
> > >To which you replied:

> > >I took a look at the file. The desired effect is to
> > >detect the affiliate ID, and set the price_level
> > >variable to a value based on the affiliate (1, 2,
> > 3).
> > >I have columns in my product table called
> > >price_level1,
> > >price_level2, price_level3, price_level4 that
> > contain
> > >the corresponding prices.
> > >
> > >What is the best way to include the logic in the
> > >after.cfg file? I tried a couple of variants but
> > >nothing seemed to work correctly. I couldn't find a
> > >detailed reference or example in the archives.
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance,
> > >Mark
> >
> > You can use ITL in the CommonAdjust string, so try
> > something like:
> >
> > PriceField      0
> > CommonAdjust    :[scratch aff_price], ;:price, ;$,
> > ==:options
> >
> > This presumes that you have first set aff_price in a
> > logical place in the
> > catalog, such as the catalog page you have
> > designated for this affiliate in
> > their 'url' field:
> >
> > [set aff_price][data base=affiliate
> > field=price_level key="@@MV_PAGE@"][/set]
> > [comment] the above assumes that the affiliate page
> > name matches the key to
> > their affiliate record
> > [/comment]
> > [if scratch aff_price]
> >          [set aff_price]price_level[scratch
> > aff_price][/set]
> > [else]
> >          [set aff_price]price[/set]
> > [/else]
> > [/if]
> >
> > If this is the only kind of pricing stuff you are
> > doing, you can comment
> > out the include for etc/after.cfg
> >
> > ### include etc/after.cfg
> >
> > ...and just use the PriceField and CommonAdjust
> > directives in catalog.cfg.
> >

>Ed:

> [...]

Did you comment out or remove 'include etc/after.cfg'? To comment it out,
you need at least two '#'.  Did you Apply Changes or restart Interchange?

If so, put this on any page and see what the output is:

[calc] return $Config->{CommonAdjust}; [/calc]

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax