[ic] return value of autonumber or code at time of INSERT
lists at gmnet.net
Mon Aug 22 12:49:45 EDT 2005
I have searched the docs and mail list and I have not found the answer
to this. I need to be able to get the value of the primary key made by
autonumber or auto_increment at the time it is created.
Here is my scenario:
* user creates an account or logs in.
* user can insert a new record in a table via a form. call it tableA
* When the user inserts this record, into tableA, 2 things happen.
1) user gets an email with the new record ID or code in the email.
2) I update the value of a field in another table say tableB with the
value of the ID or code from the new inserted record in tableA.
I know how to do all the inserts, email, and everything. I just can't
figure out how to return the value code of tableA at the time it is
More information about the interchange-users