[ic] Setting up swish-e to search static pages

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Fri Feb 4 15:37:35 EST 2005

I have a customer who has several static pages (specifically PDF's) on
their site that they would like to be able to search. I would like to
use the swish-e engine for this via the Vend::Swish module.

I have added:

Require module Vend::Swish
AddDirective Swish hash
Variable swish Vend::Swish

in my interchange.cfg (as well as uncommented the ::logDebug statements in the Swish.pm). Swish-e is also installed on the server.

Can someone give me some direction in setting this up? I am not quite sure what the next step should be. Do I need to make catalog specific changes?

Also, if there is a better way you recommend doing this, I am open to ideas.

Thanks.
-Gary