[ic] What is libapache-mod-interchange?

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Fri Feb 18 22:52:36 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Karl Schmidt
> Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 6:53 PM
>
> libapache-mod-interchange:

>   mod_interchange is designed to replace the vlink and tlink programs
that
>   come with Interchange. The Interchange link protocol is implemented
via
>   an Apache module which saves us the (small) overhead of the
execution
>   of a CGI program
>
> Is there a apache2 version of this? Is it still used? I'm not finding
this
> with
> a  grep of the docs or google searches?

Hello Karl,

Mod-interchange replaces the cgi program and allows Apache to
communicate directly with the Interchange server.  There is currently no
Apache2 version available, for that setup you would need to still run
the vlink or tlink program.  Mod-interchange is still maintained here:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/mod_interchange.html

We run mod-interchange on these two sites: www.frozencpu.com and
www.reliablemedical.com, we have found no problems in doing so.  Our
primary reason for using mod_interchange was to remove the
"cgi-bin/catalogname" from the url without using Apache rewrites.

Thanks,
-Ron