[ic] Customer Housekeeping & IC 4.8.7

Mark Bryant mark at vwe.net
Sun Feb 20 08:30:05 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use IC to do a bit of housekeeping via the Admin UI.....

I have an increasing number of "unused" customer accounts that I'd like to
remove from the DB. What I mean by "unused" is an account that's never been
used to place an order and are unlikely to do so.

Analysis of various logs has shown that users that create an account and
never checkout rarely come back again (for whatever reason) and it seems
silly to keep them in the DB if all they are doing is taking up space. So,
from a performance point of view, I'd like to be able to get a list of all
accounts that haven't placed an order, check off the ones to remove in the
Admin UI and then delete them.

I have tried performing this function outside of IC and IC really doesn't
like it and gets very confused, so I'm forced into doing it from within IC
to keep things sane.

I guess the easiest way would be to add in an Admin UI page of my own
specifically for the task, but I'm unsure how to even start getting the
information I need from the DB or how to remove it.

It's probably a simple SELECT that I need and a twist on customer.html in
the admin UI, but I've looked at some of the customer related admin UI
pages and they seem pretty complex.

Worse still Admin UI pages seem to vary greatly in their implementations,
so I'm not really able to get a grip of how any of them actually work.

I've googled extensively and not turned anything usable up and am now
totally stumped :( Would anyone be prepared to share with me the code for
achieving the above?

I'm using IC 4.8.7, Red Hat 7.3, Perl 5.6.1 and MySQL 3.23

Many thanks

Mark

Eros Shop
vwe internet ltd