[ic] Threaded perl (re: debian bug #203579)

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Feb 26 01:47:16 EST 2005

I just ran the test listed in this deb bug report code using perl 5.8.4 and got
a seg fault. I'm confused - I read in a few places that this was no longer a
problem? I wanted to run Interchange with stock debian perl code if I can, but
I'm not sure if this is still an issue?

This bug is getting close to 2 years old -seems like perl should default to non
threaded or this bug should get fixed?

I ran the test code listed in the debian bug and got a seg fault with the
testing version of perl.

But this:

--seems to imply that it is fixed????? (see under the "Perl Threads" section.)

Has anyone in perl upstream ever looked at this?:

Isn't this the same bug that causes(d) problems in interchange?

How can I test for the perl thread bug in interchange?

Can someone provide an authoritative update of the status of the threaded issue?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

When angry count four; when very angry, swear. --Mark Twain