[ic] Admin login - restrict access to only certain products

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Mon Feb 28 15:24:12 EST 2005

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up the admin so that I can have a class of
> administrators with very limited access to data.
> First, they can only add/edit/delete the products db... easy.
> Second, they can only see/add/edit/delete products with a certain key

> like
>
> user1_232342
> user1_349834
> user1_234938
> user2_232499
> user2_394839
>
> The admin user2 would only see/be able to edit products with the
prefix
> user2.
> I suppose I could add different tables for the different users but
then
> that makes searches and all more complicated in the sense that I'd
have
> to add that table to she products db and to the search command ...
!?

Just a thought....why not have an 'owner' field in the products table?
the search would become something like

fi=products/se=owner/sf=[data session username]

Makes more sense than mucking around with splitting the sku...and
customers wouldn't be privy to information about who controls what
products in the store.

/