[ic] SOAP access to Interchange - getting started

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 09:54:15 EDT 2005

I'm trying to get started with SOAP access to Interchange, but not having
much luck even getting a test script to work.

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed would be really appreciated.

Interchange.cfg, catalog.cfg and test.pl snippets given below:

Interchange.cfg
---------------
SOAP               Yes
SOAP_StartServers  2
SOAP_Socket        7780
SOAP_Perms         0660
SOAP_MaxRequests   100
SOAP_Host          127.0.0.1

Catalog.cfg
-----------
# SOAP stuff
SOAP   Yes
SOAP_Control  Action/test_soap always

SOAP_Action  test_soap   <<EOR
sub {
return 2;
}
EOR

test.pl
------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use SOAP::Lite;

 my $ic = SOAP::Lite
  -> uri('http://www.mydomain.com/Vend/SOAP')
  -> proxy("http://localhost:7780/mycatalog/")
  -> test_soap();

    print $ic;

If I run test.pl it just prints "1" and returns

If I "telnet localhost 7780", to which I get the response "connected to
localhost", but nothing I type within the telnet session gives a response.
e.g. "POST http://localhost:7780/mycatalog" <Return>, doesn't return
anything, not even an error message.