[ic] Interchange as a System service.

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Mar 16 11:08:21 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, John Foster wrote:

>> (NOTE:  this message describes how RH/Fedora does services.  YMMV.  If
>> you use another flavor of Linux, i guarantee nothing about how well this
>> stuff works.)
> Seems like I used to do something like this years ago with Minivend. I
> fact I still do. A good point to remember is "Never leave any white
> space at the front of a line in an 'init.d' script". That means no
> indents or other neat stuff.

Huh? Take a look at any init script on your system. I think you'll be
hard-pressed to find one *without* regular indenting in the code. At least
on every system I've ever seen (Red Hat, Fedora, Mandrake, Debian, SuSE,

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation
Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...