[ic] paypal auto-return causes internal server error with empty string named parameter

Tom Hodder tom at ecnow.co.uk
Thu May 5 18:50:59 EDT 2005

On 05/05/2005 22:25, Daniel Davenport put digits to keys:

>>I'm not entirely sure what the preferred action in this situation would
>>be, I guess I would like the querystring pair with the empty name part
>>to be ignored.
>>But obviously, I don't think interchange to keel over so ungracefully.
>>Any ideas on what I should do about this?
>Replace the plus sign in the m/.../ above, with a star.  after the last line you pasted, make sure a line exists that says
>          next if $key eq "";
>That should discard input fields that don't have a name, and IC won't die.
>btw.....Are empty form element names kosher?  I hadn't even thought about it, but it seems it'd violate a spec somewhere.
I've made the change required to ignore the empty string named cgi
values in my interchange install previously.

However the point remains that any interchange users expecting the
auto-return feaure from paypal to be handled, will be sorely
dissapointed, as I was to receive paypal payments and no completed
orders. And obviously the customers seeing 500 errors, and not being
sure that their order has been completed is not good either.

I think this is something paypal has changed to recently, as I have many
completed orders from paypal, which were completed by interchange as well.