[ic] SECURE_SERVER options

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed May 11 14:41:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Mike Heins wrote:

>> For reference, though, BDB tables can also do transactions.  I haven't
>> tested them performance-wise; i'm just telling what i know.  :)
>
> For most sites, the performance doesn't matter, since the only tables
> that are put in transaction mode are userdb, orderline, and transactions
> at order time. Even on a busy site that takes hundreds of orders an
> hour, the overall impact is small.

My understanding is that InnoDB and BDB tables are slower than MyISAM
tables for every operation, including reads, regardless of whether the
current connection is in a transaction or not. I haven't seen them to be
noticeably slower, but I normally use PostgreSQL on larger-scale sites and
so don't have data myself to say one way or the other.

Jon