[ic] Storing variable database in SQL database

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Sep 1 15:08:17 EDT 2005

Quoting Tim Nelson (timnelson at phreaker.net):
> Instead of storing variable.txt in a DBM file, is it possible to store
> it in an DBI/SQL database?  This seems like a catch-22 since those
> variables are not (or are they?) loaded while the catalog is being
> configured and they are referenced later in my catalog.cfg.  I know I
> have seen a post like this before, but my feeble search-challenged
> fingers just can't find it. Thanks.

It's easy. Just make sure you do before "VariableDatabase variable":

 Database variable variable.txt dbi:mysql:database=foo;host=hostname;etc=etc

Nothing more to it, as long as you have a "variable" column and the key
column contains the variable name.

--
Mike Heins

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman