[ic] THEME_CSS regenerate [solved]

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Apr 11 12:44:28 EDT 2006

Quoting Steve Graham (icdev at mrlock.com):

> >I switched to low traffic mode and restarted and the file was
> >updated correctly.
> >So, I would guess that interporlate_html may be the routine that
> >gets the cached value?
> >
> >-Steve
>
> When running a catalog in RPC mode the following needs to be added to
> your catalog.cfg file if you will be implementing the default
> THEME_CSS update mechanism: (This will force IC to read the latest
> copy of THEME_CSS, instead of using cached data)
>
> Pragma dynamic_variables_file_only

You can't really call it "cached data". It is the contents of the
Variable, and that is how Interchange operates.

This pragma will change the performance characteristics of the system,
because instead of using memory data for some things (all the things
in variables/* and templates/regions/*) it will have to read the file.

If you moved the former contents of THEME_CSS to include/THEME_CSS
and changed the contents of the THEME_CSS file to be

	[include include/THEME_CSS]

it probably would be a better move for a high-performance system.

--
Mike Heins

Function in chaos, finish in style. -- Unknown