[ic] cannot create account on public side

Stuart Lowe stuart at stuartlowe.com
Thu Apr 27 14:14:03 EDT 2006

> Stuart Lowe writes:
>
> >Hi Folks.
> >
> >I've installed interchange on my Fedora Core server, and I've set up the
> >standard demo
> >using bin/makecat.  The only modifications I've done so far is to enable
> >https, real time test payment,
> >and I've set CookieLogin to 'Off'.
> >
> >I'm able to send orders using existing 'demo' users, but when I try to
> >create a new account from
> >the user side, I get:
> >
> >Cannot log in after new account creation: Invalid user name or password.
> >
> >and in logs/userdb.log I see:
> >
> >200604270929    pest    localhost3.localdomain  Denied attempted login
> >with nonexistent user name 'pest'
> >I then tried to do an 'express checkout', I get:
> >
> > (Customer record creation): There was an error adding you to the customer
> > table.
> >(table userdb): set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI: DBD::Pg::db
> >do failed: ERROR: null value in column "password" violates not-null
> >constraint fields=username,inactive values='U00003',''''''
> >Any ideas would be much appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Stu.
>

> You did provide your test account with a password? From the looks of it the
> password field is empty and Postgres is not liking that ...

> CU,
Actually, now that you mention it, if I don't provide a password, it comes back with:
"Must enter at least 4 characters for password."

It looks like, for some reason, the info I set in the password field is not getting inserted into
the userdb table.

> Gert

Stuart Lowe | Toronto, CAN | key ID on keyserver | Skype stuart.lowe
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on i686 localhost3.localdomain
 14:09:02 up 14 days, 21:25,  4 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.23, 1.18