[ic] Items disappear

inteliware at iol.pt inteliware at iol.pt
Sun Feb 12 09:51:35 EST 2006

The customer cannot explain very well, but when adds or updates a record some (random 3-5) disappear from the UI (admin) search and sometimes these records are in text source database and other times disappear from this source. I set the  'mv_max_matches'  to 9999.

Tables have ~- 1000 records.

I have for these tables two indexes as well. Could be this the problem origin ? Can text/gdbm databases manage more than 1000 records ?

Thank You in Advance,
Paulo Lima

> Hi all,
>
> I have several product databases (all included in the ProductFiles directive) and thei are becoming large. I don´t want for the moment to migrate to a MySQL and when my customer adds new items to some tables other items disappear. I have tables declared ad TAB daabases and my customer utilizes UI back-office to maintain tables.

What exactly do you mean with 'disappear'?  When your customer adds 1 new
product, 1 old product disappears? And this is random, or the latest added?
Or is the new product overwriting the old product?

How large are we talking?  1,000 - 10,000 - 100,000 records?

Are they actually disappearing or just not anymore showing in the admin,
because you're exceeding the standard 'mv_max_matches' setting?

CU,

Gert