[ic] catalog config error

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue May 30 01:51:48 EDT 2006

Aaron Berg writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm copying an existing catalog from a production server to a
> development server and am having some problems.  I've moved a couple
> other catalogs from the same production server to the same test server
> and had it work.   I'm starting to suspect the problem is between my
> keyboard and chair :).
>
> I've created the new catalog with makecat, then copied all the files
> from the production server to the test server and changed the paths/db
> access accordingly.  I've confirmed the db access to be correct, the
> paths as well.  The user running the interchange instance owns all the
> files.
>
> When I run 'interchange -r' it tells me this:
> -------------------------------
> Configuring catalog catalog_name...Using MySQL,
> DSN=dbi:mysql:icdb_catalog_name...Failed to close #ifdef on line 74.
> In line 0 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
>
> catalog_name config error: Failed to close #ifdef on line 74.
> In line 0 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
>
> catalog_name: error in configuration. Skipping.
> catalog_name: config error. Skipping.
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm spinning my wheels
> on this one and would appreciate any help I can get.

Perhaps you introduced some strange character or another typo while changing
the information regarding db access or path information. Which ifdef block
do you have around line 74 of your catalog config?

The only other thing I can think of is that you got the change regarding
ConfigParseComments in your development environment and that causes some
issues with your catalog.cfg ... Change as noted in the WHATSNEW:
Developer: jon