[ic] site design

Music music at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Dec 11 00:51:24 EST 2007

>> Make a copy of the original include/layout/leftright
>> perhaps call it include/layout/myleftright
>>
>> Then in pages/index.html adjust the tag at the top of the page like:
>> [tmpn display_class]myleftright[/tmpn]
>>
>> or in the adminUI add myleftright to the field: "Display Class"
>>

>I try to do it this way, but how do I get it to work with left right bottom
>file.

You can use one layout file for the whole template.

Main content appears where you see: {{:DEFAULT}}

If you need to include a footer put it at the bottom of the myleftright page
or use the interchange include tag to select some other file.
[include include/layout/footer]

>and how to get work my css file I have.

You could use the Interchange standard store css method. Just modify what is
already there.

I prefer to load an external stylesheet using something like this in the
header of my include/layout/leftright etc files.

[if type="explicit" compare="[is_secure]"]
<link rel="stylesheet"
href="https://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__/css/stylesheet.html"
type="text/css">
[else]
<link rel="stylesheet"
href="http://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__/css/stylesheet.html"
type="text/css">
[/else]
[/if]

Then put the stylesheet in catalog/storename/pages/css/

I name it .html instead of .css so that it can be edited with the adminUI if
needed.

You might also have to install the 'is_secure' usertag. This makes sure that
a secure version of the css file is loaded when needed.
You can find it on Kevin's site:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/usertags.html