[ic] Postgres + Debian error

Rene Hertell interchange at hertell.com
Mon Jan 8 10:20:34 EST 2007

Peter wrote:
> I think that for some reason it creates the row in the db with just the
> username then uses an UPDATE to fill in the rest of the fields.
> postgresql allows you to have a default of null for a NOT NULL field but
> if you try to do an INSERT without specifying a value for that field
> then you will end up with a NULL value error like you got.  Another way
> to fix the problem would have been to change the password column to
> default to '' (empty string) instead of NULL.  Actually changing it that
> way will help with troubleshooting as well because it will tell us if
> the field is being set to NULL by default or explicitly.

I tried to figure out if this was the case, but i could not locate the
routine that would have done that..

I also get more errors, now in the UI and with the menu-editor:

set_slice error as called by Safe::Hole: DBD::Pg::st execute failed:
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "tree_pkey" query
was:insert into tree

This is really odd, because i run an other IC-server also with debian,
but there i have no problems at all. Maybe I have to downgrade the my
perl modules?

Does anyone run a recent CVS-version of IC suxxesfully on Debian with
Perl 5.8.8 and DBD::Pg version 1.49?