[ic] Moving the admin interface to a different url

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Nov 12 09:14:36 EST 2007

Quoting John1 (list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk):
> I'd like to implement some "security by obscurity" by moving the admin
> interface to a different location rather than /admin.
> Please can anyone tell me what I need to do to relocate it.

Not recommended.

Much better to do is to run a separate interchange server instance that
has the admin pages and tags, removing those completely from production.
In some cases, you can put the IC server behind a company firewall
completely, making it only accessible via VPN.

The TemplateDir, CodeRepository, and Include tags can be used to change
which tags are included in the running server instance.

Mike Heins

Find the grain of truth in criticism, chew it, and swallow
it. -- anonymous