[ic] site design

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Sat Nov 24 09:59:06 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 02:04:45PM +0000, hudsondarnell40 at comcast.net wrote:
> When designing a new site, do I need to follow the way it is set up.
> Like doing the layout an etc. Still trying to learn IC.

Hi,

No, you can have any setup (both layout and interchange code)
in any way you want. Interchange does not place any requirements
on that.

However, it helps if you name the database tables and fields the
same way as you see in common Interchange catalogs, so that you can
copy/paste code from our catalog (the Standard Demo), and that most
functions work out-of-the-box, without additional parameters needed to
specify non-default options.

For help, see our Catalog Building Tutorial; it describes how to
create a basic catalog from scratch:

  http://docs.icdevgroup.org/iccattut

Also, later you will want to check out the code of our Standard
demo to get ideas on how to implement your functionality, or
even copy/paste some of the code.

-doc