[ic] Postgresql problem (pg newbe)

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Tue Aug 26 17:05:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 21:42 -0600, Jon Jensen wrote:
> Rick wrote:
>
> > It seems as though postgres is talking to IC saying, OK I will insert
> > that, ok, yup its done, (I tossed it away just like you wanted me to...)
>
> Hmm. If it's incrementing the sequence but the data's not being saved, it
> sounds like you've somehow got autocommit turned off for that table in
> Interchange. Even if a transaction rolls back, the sequence will still
> have moved forward permanently, but the data you inserted will be gone.
>
> Do you have any tables in Interchange defined as transactional? Any
> DatabaseDefault directives?
>
> Jon

No directives, but I think the default for pg databases is HAS_TRANSACTIONAL = true.

When I delete the .testtable.sql file and restart interchange, it DOES
import data from testtable.txt file.  I have all data including code in
that txt file, The sequencer does NOT tick at all during this initial
import.

After that, the UI interface, query and perl tags all fail to import
data while ticking the sequencer.

I will follow this from your earlier post
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/peter/uploads/pg83-implicit-casts.sqlx

Should I run all these functions and cast statements?

What is pg_catalog.text in there??? Should that my database name?

Thanks!
rick

believed to be clean.