[ic] User problems with forums and quick question about paypal

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sat Jan 26 22:56:52 EST 2008

On 01/26/2008 07:05 PM, kim Gross wrote:
> I am running interchange 5.4.2 running on Debian with the standard store
> installed with my products in it.
> I have a problem with jerks putting comments in the products that are
> links to porn sites.  Is it possible to setup the system to only allow
> comments from logged in users and not anonymous?  I am hoping that will
> prevent my problems.

Yes, put the following above the [tmp page_title] line of
pages/forum/reply.html and pages/forum/submit.html:
[tmp members_only]1[/tmp]

Alternatively you can look into using captchas, I use a combination of
both so that logged in members don't have to fill in a captcha but
everyone else does.  Note you will need to download and install the
captcha tag from:
<http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/interchange/code/SystemTag/captcha.coretag?rev=1.4;content-type=text%2Fplain>

...and make sure to install the Authen::Captcha perl module as well.
The tag is documented internally and you can read the docs by typing:
perldoc captcha.coretag

> I want to integrate paypal payments, does anybody know if the paypal
> gateway can be installed in the standard store easily?

IC certainly will integrate with paypal but I haven't done it myself.
There are others on this ml who can help you with that more than I can.

Peter